Promoters and Agents Who Identify as LGBTQ
As individuals in the arts and sports fields become more publicly successful within their profession, they often rely on promoters or agents to both manage their affairs and enable them further in their success. These promoters and agents become powerful and influential individuals in their own rights. Many of these individuals identify as LGBTQ.
Specific professions that rely on agents include writers, television actors, film actors, theatre actors, dancers, painters, musicians, fashion designers, and various sports. Some promoters focus on organizing specific events, such as festivals and concerts, rather than individuals.
Most agents and promoters own their own business. The UK's Transgender promotor Kellie Maloney is one of the biggest in the sport of boxing. France's gay Donald Potard is the first individual in the world to act as agent/promoter within the fashion industry.
A minority work in large firms with many partners. Gay agent Chuck James is a co-owner of the large firm ICM Partners; Brian Swardstrom is a partner with the firm UTA; and Joe Machota is with Creative Artists Agency. One of the first women agents in the theatre world was lesbian Elisabeth Marbury.
We have identified LGBT promoters and agents from Australia, France, Germany, Great Britain, India, Russia, Switzerland and the United States. To read their fascinating biographies, simply click on their names.
- Molly Meldrum, music promoter and talent agent
- Donald Potard, fashion agency
- Alfred Biolek, television actors
- Erica Brausen, painters and artists
- Dirk Dirksen, punk musicians and groups
- Howell James, public relations
- Simon Jones, entertainment professionals and musicians
- Tom Knight, Pride festival events and charities
- Kellie Maloney, boxing
- Andrew Nicolls, Hudson Sandler PR
- Stifyn Parri, talent agent
- Patricia Preece, painters and artists
- Pablo Ganguli, cultural and artistic festivals
- Sergey Diaghilev, Russian ballet and opera singers
- Angelo Caltagirone, business
- George Baxt, television show casting agent
- Milan Christopher, talent agent
- Bill Clegg, literary agent
- Simon Halls, Slate PR talent agency
- Stephen Huvane, Slate PR talent agency
- Chuck James, talent agent
- Michael Kaiser, performing arts agent
- David Kuhn, literary agent
- Bryan Lourd, talent agent
- Joe Machota, theatre agent
- Elisabeth Marbury, theatre and literary agent
- Benny Medina, talent agent
- Daniel Nardicio, nightlife and parties
- Brian Swardstrom, talent agent
- Henry Willson, talent agent