Birth - Death
Co-founder of the media and e-commerce site GeoCities (subsequently acquired by Yahoo! in 1999). Philanthropist to LGBTQ causes. Created his venture capital firm Baroda Ventures in 1998 to invest in technology startups. Chief executive of OVGuide.com, an Internet directory and search engine (funded by his venture firm), and he is active in causes supporting AIDS research and the arts. Founder and chairman of the David Bohnett Foundation, a non-profit, grant-making organization devoted to improving society through social activism. Founding member of the Los Angeles chapter of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD), board member of amFar, chairman of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association, trustee of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, and trustee of the Brookings Institution.
- LGBTQ Chief Executive Officers of Business Enterprises
- Successful LGBTQ Technology Entrepreneurs
- LGBTQ Founders and Executives with Charitable Foundations
- Prominent LGBTQ Philanthropists and Donors
- LGBTQ Venture Capitalists and Startup Advisors