LGBTQ Individuals Active in the Digital World
The advances and uses of technology over the past fifty years has been astounding. Without doubt, the Technology Revolution is a change to society and its operations that matches the inventions of fire, steam, and electricity and follows on the Industrial Revolution that began in the late 19th century.
Part of the Technology Revolution has been the development of processes that function using discrete digits. The Digital World is its composition and includes those individuals and entities active in developing and promoting digital fluency and digital literacy in today's society. The Digital World includes areas of technological development, communications, devices, and the internet.
Technology, however, does not operate without a human touch. It helps us become smarter and more connected, but we must also look at how to stay human amidst the machines and how to make those machines work for society.
Members of the Digital World include individuals involved in marketing, journalism, education, publishing, venture capitalism, politics, web development, broadcasting, consulting, business, and more.
We have identified the following prominent LGBTQ individuals who are active in the Digital World.
- Ian Perkins, digital services
- Chad Molleken, digital marketing
- Clement Beaune, adviser to the Minister of the Economy, Industry and the Digital Sector
- Katrin Suder, Chair of the Digital Council of the Federal Government
- Andrew Cooke, government Film and Video Examiner
- James Frost, digital marketing
- Jonathan Harbourne, digital marketing
- Jon Holmes, digital journalist
- Ben Hunte, digital television
- Deborah Sherry, GE Digital, Amazon Web Services
- Denny Tu, digital broadcasting
- Chloe Swarbrick, digital consultant
- Kathy Teo, digital marketing
- Audrey Tang, Digital Government Minister
- Chrystal Dean, digital media
- Arjan Timmermans, author and blogger
- J. R. Badian, digital marketing
- David Beatty, venture capitalist
- David Blumberg, venture capitalist
- Justin Chenette, digital advertising
- Jay Davis, digital advisor
- Larissa Glasser, Librarian and member of The Digital Commonwealth
- John Hanning, digital artist
- David Haskell, digital publishing
- Eugene Hernandez, Director of Digital Strategy, New York Film Society
- Jamal Jordan, digital journalist
- Kokumo Kinetic, digital journalist
- Bruce Lehman, digital copyright lawyer
- Chris McCarthy, digital television network manager
- JP Petrucione, Director of Digital Media, State of California
- Ashlee Marie Preston, digital magazine editor
- Hilary Rosen, digital consulting
- Gretchen Saegh-Fleming, Digital Marketing, l'Oreal
- Anthony Shop, digital marketing
- Diana Tourjee, digital journalist
- Jen Wong, President of Digital, Time Inc.
- Chris Wood, LGBT Tech