Outstanding LGBTQ Youths of 2015
We present several outstanding LGBTQ youths who made notable contributions in 2015 in advancing the progress of human rights as they pertain to sexual orientation. Each has been out and proud members of their local communities and have made remarkable contributions at an early stage of their lives. Many have gone further and become well recognized and honoured internationally for their achievements. Some face difficult challenges in their daily lives, particularly related to homophobia, intolerance, and bigotry.
These individuals hail from Great Britain, Canada, Pakistan, Ireland, Barbados, Scotland, and the United States. They have taken active roles in politics, community LGBTQ events, the arts, sports, and business ventures.
- Donnya Piggott - activist
- Christopher Morello - student activist
- T. Thomason - gender neutral award-winning folk and rock musician
- Amelia Lee - activist who organizes several LGBTQ youth groups
- Sirina-Monique - Stonewall's 'Young Campaigner of the Year'
- Christian Webb - Stonewall's 'Young Campaigner of the Year'
- Craig Butler - professional surfer
- Mhairi Black - Member of Parliament
- Ryka Aoki - Transgender activist and academic
- Dalton Maldonado - basketball player and OutSports Person of the Year
- Danez Smith - poet and organizer of various poetry slams
- Outstanding LGBTQ Youths of 2014
- Outstanding LGBTQ Youths of 2016
- Outstanding LGBTQ Youths of 2017
- Outstanding LGBTQ Youths of 2018