Creative Directors of Fashion Houses Who Are LGBTQ
Creative Directors of fashion houses set the style and aesthetic direction of their organization. They are responsible for establishing the basic elements of style for the brand which usually revolves around a conceptual theme. They choose fabrics, colours, texture, accessories, and more to present a unique look and appearance and present their creations in annual or semi-annual fashion shows. Their goal is acceptance of their newly created theme and trend by the general public.
The LGBTQ community is well represented in the world of fashion, including models, designers, Creative Directors, business management, and more.
The vast majority of LGBTQ Creative Directors of fashion houses are gay. Only one individual is lesbian - Jenna Lyons of J. Crew. No individuals on our list are transgender, but we hope that possibility remains open in the near future.
These Creative Directors represent firms that are household names: Dior, Calvin Klein, Jil Sander, Isaac Mizrahi, Yves Saint Laurent, Burberry, Celine, Louis Vuitton, Perry Ellis, and more. Many of these individuals have moved on from large multi-national fashion houses to establish their own brands.
We have identified the following notable Creative Directors of fashion houses around the world.
- Richard Nicoll, Cerruti, Jack Wills
- Kris Van Assche, Berluti, Dior Homme
- Raf Simons, Raf Simons, Calvin Klein, Christian Dior, Jil Sander
- Patrick Cox, Charles Jourdan
- Sully Bonnelly, Isaac Mizrahi
- Jean-Paul Gaultier, Hermes
- Nicolas Ghesquiere, Louis Vuitton, Balanciaga
- Yves Saint Laurent, Yves Saint Laurent
- Thierry Mugler, Mugler
- Hedi Slimane, Celine
- Aaron Changpo, Varon
- David Delfin, Davidelfin
- Kevyn Aucoin, Revlon
- Kevin Carrigan, Calvin Klein
- Francisco Costa, Calvin Klein
- John Crocco, Scott Barber Apparel, Perry Ellis
- Tom Ford, Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent
- Marc Jacobs, Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton, Perry Ellis
- Jenna Lyons, J. Crew
- Michael Maccari, Perry Ellis, A/X Armani Exchange
- Isaac Mizrahi, Xcel Brands
- Todd Oldham, Escada, Old Navy
- Zachary Posen, Brooks Brothers
- Law Roach, Daya by Zendaya
- Jeremy Scott, Moschino
- Peter Som, Tommy Hilfiger
- Alexander Wang, Balanciaga
- Gay Menswear Fashion Designers
- Transgender Fashion Models
- LGBTQ Interior Designers
- LGBTQ Jewellery Designers
- Prominent Furniture Designers Who Identify as LGBTQ
- Expert LGBTQ Perfumers